OFFICE OF THE CONSUL --
While our team goes over a more-or-less official refutation to the factually errant publication by Emperor Jonathan I of Austenasia, itself a response to an article by the Bannerman, I would like to update the people of Delvera and our allies:
1. We have increased our offers of support and aid to Austenasia, including financially.
2. We have renewed our offer from previous weeks for a formal state meeting. Still no response.
3. We are investigating what is apparently a breakdown in governmental structure of Austenasia.
4. We note a consistent narrative of personal schedules taking precedence over matters of intermicronational relations in Austenasia.
5. Emperor Jonathan took the time to request I personally take down the Lavrada Bannerman's article on the situation, which it is neither in my purview nor best judgement to do. The Bannerman is a private media company, not a state-run enterprise. The people have the right to speak and to hear the news.
6. Subsequently, the state-run Austenasian Times has published a "response in kind" directed personally at myself, the Consul, ignoring the leaders of other nations and private citizens who have expressed concerns at his conduct.
Our refutation of the claims in the Austenasian Times, which we believe to have been written by the Emperor himself, will be forthcoming.
Note: the text of this press release was originally released on the official Facebook page.
Delveran State Media
This page is for official press releases and news items from the Grand Republic.